Your safety while on holiday
We take your safety extremely seriously and we do our best to ensure our property owners take the safety of their guests just as seriously. All of our checks and routine visits are aimed at ensuring that our properties are well maintained for your comfort and safety.
Please remember you must take care of yourself and family in what might be unfamiliar surroundings.
- Check the layout of the property so you know how to get out quickly and safely
- Check the fire fighting equipment and read the instructions on how to use them
- Do not cover night storage heaters
- If a property has an open fire please use the fireguard and ensure the fire is completely extinguished before you go to bed
- If you are unsure how to use some of the equipment check with the owner or property caretaker
- If cots or highchairs are damaged in any way please inform the owner or property caretaker immediately - this equipment must conform to British Standards
- Children should be kept away from balconies and garden ponds
- Check the garden for any steep drops and if there are garden sheds ensure children cannot access these
- Ensure that when you are away from the property, it is locked and secured
- Check which are the shallow and deep ends
- Do not dive into the pool
- Do not use the pool when under the influence of alcohol or taking medication
- Do not take breakable glasses or crockery in or around the pool
- Always ensure children are supervised
- Do not swim late at night or when the pool is closed
- All gas water heaters by law must be checked by a gas safe engineer and the owner should be able to provide you with a current copy of the certificate - if you are unsure or have any doubts about using the water heater please contact the owner or property caretaker
- Ensure that all gas appliances are turned off when not in use
We want you to have a safe and enjoyable holiday so taking a few simple precautions will ensure this happens.
If you have any doubts about the safety or are unsure how to operate anything in or around the property please contact the property manager or call us on 01326 573808.