- Garden / Patio
- Games Room
Camping with comfort, The Den sits with 4 other pods in an enclosed area surrounded by countryside in the village of Pancrasweek near Holsworthy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy camping, without the damp tent, in a wonderful setting where you can truly enjoy the great outdoors. This beautiful, natural setting on the 54 acre farm at Dunsdon is filled with countryside air and goodness.
The Den is best described as a wooden tent which is carpeted and fully insulated with sheep wool keeping out the drafts, whilst there is also a foil layer under the roof to keep the heat at bay in the summer months.
You even get your own private bathroom.
Outside you can enjoy the shared barbecue area and a large communal room with TV and games.
Everything you need for this exciting adventure will be included in the sleeping and cooking packs. Sitting within Ruby Country, the countryside hamlet of Pancrasweek feels a lifetime away from the hustle and bustle of busy lives.
There are a number of outdoor activities nearby including some great walking and cycling areas, horse-riding, fishing or golf.
Countryside lovers will adore Exmoor and Dartmoor National Parks with their miles of beautiful scenery and gorgeous country pubs.
If a trip to the beach is on the agenda, Bude and Widemouth Bay are the nearest beaches offering white waves and golden sands. Sister Pods: 4244 - The Nest - sleeps 2 4243 - The Hive - sleeps 4 (pet friendly) 4241 - The Burrow - sleeps 4 (pet friendly) 4245 - The Sett - sleeps 4 Also available on the farm is 4228 - The Old Shippon - sleeps 6
- Fully insulated, carpeted, wooden tent
- Private bathroom within block with wet room shower, basin and WC.
- Sleeping pack: Towels, 1 x double mattress, 1 x double sheet, 1 x double duvet and cover, 2 x pillows and covers
- Cooking pack: water bottle, 1 x 2-ring gas cooker (1st gas included), kettle, colander, 2 x mugs, 2 x cereal bowls, 2 x plates, tea towel, dish cloth and scourer, 2 x saucepans, frying pan, scissors, 2 each of dinner knives, forks, dessert spoons and teaspoons, chopping board, small sharp knife, large sharp knife, fish slice, potato masher, serving spoon, bottle opener, can opener, potato peeler
- Housekeeping pack: water carrier, washing up bowl, washing up liquid, brush, bucket
- Communal room with TV and games
- Shared barbecue area
- Off road parking for 1 car
- 23 acres of woodland and fields
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Beach 10 miles
- Holsworthy 3 miles.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Bude 10 miles; Barnstaple 25 miles.
The ancient market town of Holsworthy lies nestled amid the rolling green hills of Tarka Country. There are many different landscapes within the region, from rugged cliffs and sandy beaches to rolling farmland and lush valleys. Holsworthy has much to offer, including a swimming pool, tennis court and splendid park with bowling green. The town centre boasts a varied selection of traditional shops, pubs and cafés, based around the market square. There is an 18-hole golf course just outside the town, while the local area is rich with opportunities for fishing, sailing, cycling and walking. The sandy beaches at Bude are within easy reach, while further afield visitors can explore the changing face of the South West Coastal Path, dramatic Exmoor and Dartmoor, and unspoilt Bodmin Moor, or simply relax in the quiet countryside that typifies North Devon.
Note: Guest must ensure that beds are stipped and all utensils cleaned and returned to their relative box on departure