- Garden / Patio
The Nest sits with 4 other pods in an enclosed area surrounded by countryside in the village of Pancrasweek near Holsworthy.
This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy cosy, comfortable and dry camping, without the damp tent, in a wonderful setting where you can truly enjoy the great outdoors. These pods are best described as 'wooden tents' with carpet and full, sheep wool insulation to keep you warm at night.
Fresh, countryside air awaits you on this beautiful, natural setting on the 54 acre farm at Dunsdon.
No need to wait your turn at the shower blocks as here you will get your own spacious, private bathroom.
Within the enclosure is a shared barbecue area and there is also a large, communal room with TV, games, tables and chairs.
The sleeping and cooking packs ensure that you have everything you need for this fabulous camping experience. The countryside hamlet of Pancrasweek is situated within Ruby Country in North Devon and yet just a few miles of the market town of Holsworthy for all your shopping needs.
Nearby, there are numerous outdoor activities for the energetic including golf, horse-riding, fishing and beautiful areas for walking and cycling.
Ideally situated for visiting either of the beautiful National Parks of Exmoor and Dartmoor and the safe sandy beaches of Bude and Widemouth Bay in Cornwall.
If sausage frying isn't planned for everyday, there are some gorgeous country pub/restaurants close-by. Sister Pods: 4242 - The Den - sleeps 2 4243 - The Hive - sleeps 4 (pet friendly) 4241 - The Burrow - sleeps 4 (pet friendly) 4245 - The Sett - sleeps 4 Also available on the farm is 4228 - The Old Shippon - sleeps 6
- Fully insulated, carpeted, wooden tent
- Private bathroom within block with wet room shower, basin and WC.
- Sleeping pack: Towels
- 1 x double mattress, 1 x double sheet, 1 x double duvet and cover, 2 x pillows and covers
- Cooking pack: water bottle, 1 x 2-ring gas cooker (1st gas included), kettle, colander, 2 x mugs, 2 x cereal bowls, 2 x plates, tea towel, dish cloth and scourer, 2 x saucepans, frying pan, scissors, 2 each of dinner knives, forks, dessert spoons and teaspoons, chopping board, small sharp knife, large sharp knife, fish slice, potato masher, serving spoon, bottle opener, can opener, potato peeler
- Housekeeping pack: water carrier, washing up bowl, washing up liquid, brush, bucket
- Communal room with TV and games
- Shared barbecue area
- Off road parking for 1 car
- 23 acres of woodland and fields
- Sorry, no pets and no smoking
- Beach 10 miles
- Holsworthy 3 miles.
Calculate your drive time
About the location
Bude 10 miles; Barnstaple 25 miles.
The ancient market town of Holsworthy lies nestled amid the rolling green hills of Tarka Country. There are many different landscapes within the region, from rugged cliffs and sandy beaches to rolling farmland and lush valleys. Holsworthy has much to offer, including a swimming pool, tennis court and splendid park with bowling green. The town centre boasts a varied selection of traditional shops, pubs and cafés, based around the market square. There is an 18-hole golf course just outside the town, while the local area is rich with opportunities for fishing, sailing, cycling and walking. The sandy beaches at Bude are within easy reach, while further afield visitors can explore the changing face of the South West Coastal Path, dramatic Exmoor and Dartmoor, and unspoilt Bodmin Moor, or simply relax in the quiet countryside that typifies North Devon.
Note: Guest must ensure that beds are stipped and all utensils cleaned and returned to their relative box on departure