Looe Music Festival Guide and Competition
21-23 September 2018
Looking for more information on Looe Music Festival 2018? Read on for our quick event guide and for the chance to win two tickets.
Looe Music Festival is not one to be missed. Since its modest beginnings in 2011 the not-for-profit event has gone from strength to strength. Increasing from an audience of 1,200 to 9,000, with locals and music lovers from all over the world enjoying the fantastic variety of acts, entertainment and culture on offer.
Over three days in September the town is transformed into a magical setting for live music, with six stages located around the town, including the main pyramid stage situated on Looe Beach. Often regarded as a ‘grown-up’ festival, there is no camping, instead recharge in comfort after each day, revived and ready for the next.
Expect great music, great food and a great atmosphere at this award-winning festival in a fantastic location on the Cornish Coast.
Who to See
You will find music for every taste at Looe Music Festival. The lineup ranges from mellow singer-songwriters to up-beat folk, indie to funk and hip hop to punk, with the top headliners interspersed by over 100 acts from Cornwall, the UK and abroad.
Kicking off the festival on the Friday night are the Finnish Youtube stars, Steve ‘n’ Seagulls, playing bluegrass versions of classic hard-rock and metal songs. Listen out for their own take on hits from Iron Maiden, AC/DC, Metallica and Guns N’ Roses’.
They are followed by the quirky John Otway, Welsh indie-rock band Himalayas, BBC Radio 2 Folk Award winners The Young Uns, the blues and Americana sounds of Martin Harley and Daniel Kimbro, singer-songwriters Emily Capell and Rhys Lewis and a finale performance from Molotov Jukebox to close the Sunday night.
Take a look at the full Looe Music Festival Lineup.
What to Eat
When you think of festival food, often warm pints of cheap beer and overpriced burgers spring to mind. Unlike a traditional music event, Looe Music Festival offers a range of street food stalls selling a variety of delicious dishes. Whether you fancy an indulgent dessert, fresh seafood or wood-fired pizzas, you are sure to find something to dazzle your tastebuds.
A taste of what’s to come:
- Katie’s Cornish Hot Pots - Katie and James are two Cornwall-based chefs keen to bring exciting, flavourful street-style food to festivals. Their dishes are the product of much research and experimentation, blending a variety of spices and herbs to create distinct flavours.
- Gourmet Street Kitchen - Mac & Cheese will always be a much loved classic, but Gourmet Street Kitchen aim to bring you an upgraded version with fresh ingredients and innovative combinations resulting in a gourmet twist.
- Wafel Lust - Arguably the most delicious waffles you will find outside Belgium, Wafel Lust offers a tasty treat for those with a bit of a sweet tooth. Choose between a Liege waffle or the rectangular Brussels waffle, then add your toppings; toffee, biscoff crumble, fudge, chocolate, strawberries... the list goes on.
- Thyme and Tide - A visit to Cornwall wouldn’t be the same without sampling some of the incredible local seafood that Thyme and Tide offer, as well as some of their wonderful vegetarian dishes. Offering a different menu every time, you will be treated to an array of meals inspired by Chef Lee Lake’s travels.
Browse the other street food stalls available at Looe Music Festival.
While You’re There
Instead of visiting Looe for just the weekend, why not extend your stay and experience some of the top attractions and activities in the area?
Looe is a popular destination for visitors wanting to explore Cornwall’s South Coast. A fact that is hardly surprising when you consider the variety of things to do in the town and surrounding area. If its history that you’re interested head to the Old Guildhall Museum and Gaol or the Old Sardine Factory Heritage Centre, for a fascinating insight into the history of the town.
Lovers of the great outdoors will find plenty to do; walk the South West Coast Path from Looe to Polperro, spend the day at one of seven nearby beaches, visit Adrenaline Quarry for activities perfect for thrill-seekers or head out on the water and enjoy some of the many watersports and boat trips on offer.
Take a look at more things to do in Looe.
Holyewgh an Howl. Holyewgh agas kolonn. Kewgh gans agas teylu ha kewgh dhe’n howlsedhes!
If you are in need of any accommodation for Looe Music Festival, browse our range of holiday cottages in Looe and find a fantastic base for your adventures.
Win Two Tickets to Looe Music Festival
If you would like to be in with a chance of winning two tickets to this brilliant festival, head over to our Facebook page and comment on our Looe Music Festival Competition post between the 23-28 August.
Terms & Conditions:
- These terms and conditions apply to the “Win Two Tickets to Looe Music Festival” competition (“The Competition”) run by Cornish Cottage Holidays and, by claiming the prize, entrants will be deemed to have read and accepted these terms and agree to be bound by them.
- The competition is open to any person aged 18 and over, except for employees of Cornish Cottage Holidays or the Sykes Holiday Cottage family, and their families, partners, and anyone else connected with the creation and administration of the promotion.
- The Competition prize is two tickets to Looe Music Festival 2018.
- Methods of entry: “Engage with us on social media (worth 1 entry)”.
- Cornish Cottage Holidays reserves the right to alter or amend the methods of entry or The Competition at any time.
- To enter The Competition, the described action must be completed between 00.01 23/08/2018 and 23.59 28/08/2018.
- The method of entry “Engage with us on social media” describes the action of commenting on Cornish Cottage Holidays’ competition post on Facebook.
- The Competition opens at 00.01 23/08/2018 and closes at 23.59 31/08/2018.
- The winner will be selected at random and contacted before 29/08/2018. Winners must claim their prize within 10 working days of notification or the prize will be void and a new winner selected.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- Cornish Cottage Holidays’ decision on the winner is final.
- The winner must provide proof of identity upon request.
- Cornish Cottage Holidays is entitled to refuse to process any prize where it deems necessary. For example, if you are unable to or fail to produce sufficient identification when claiming a prize.
- Cornish Cottage Holidays will not be held accountable for any costs, losses, damages and expenses (including travel fees) which the winner may incur in relation to The Competition or prize or as a result of any misrepresentation of the prize.
- Cornish Cottage Holidays reserves the right to declare The Competition null and void and stage another competition in its place.
- The Competition prize is non-transferable and there shall be no alternative prize or cash alternative offered.
- By claiming The Competition prize constitutes acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England.
The online Rubik's Cube solver program will help you find the solution for your unsolved puzzle.